Shopping in Sitka
Collected by Travis Marshall, AFAR Local Expert
201 Lincoln St, Sitka, AK 99835, USA
Old Harbor Books is like a window onto Alaska. The independent bookstore has a selection of books by authors both local and otherwise about the state's culture and history, all arranged around an old printing press. Don’t miss the map section,...
134 Lincoln St, Sitka, AK 99835, USA
Looking for a piece of Russia in this former Russian settlement? The Russian American Company specializes in folk art and collectibles from the old country. Keep an eye out for exquisite hand-crafted lacquer boxes, classic nesting dolls and even...
205 Lincoln St, Sitka, AK 99835, USA
For a souvenir or gift that can only be found in Sitka, check out the Island Artists Gallery, a cooperative of local Alaskan artists, from both Native and nonnative Alaskan cultures. Pieces include everything from jewelry and landscape photography...
419 Lincoln St, Sitka, AK 99835, USA
Located in the historic Hanlon-Osbakken House and just a short walk from the cruise dock, the Sitka Rose Gallery features an incredible collection of locally crafted art from more than 100 Alaskan artists. Of special interest are the works by...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles