Shopping in Salvador
A foodie mainstay in Salvador far off the beaten path in residential Cabula, Paraíso Tropical puts a gourmet spin on regional delicacies like the fantastic shrimp, octopus and lobster moqueca (seafood stew) for two people. Many of the...
For a city of its size and tourism pedigree, Salvador is surprisingly short on great shops. The Mercado Modelo—a two-story former slave containment area—offers dozens of stalls for regional handicrafts and souvenirs.
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands