Shopping in Rangoon
Owner Augustine has been sourcing superior pieces for the city's well-heeled expats and visitors for several decades. Come for intricately carved wooden and stone figurines, silverware, lacquerware and larger items of furniture.
George Orwell and Pablo Neruda have both browsed the bookstalls run by the vendors of Pansodan Street. The uneven pavement in front of crumbling colonial-era buildings is lined with stall after stall of secondhand books, many in English, that...
This covered bazaar is a one-stop souvenir shop for visitors to Rangoon, with over 2,000 merchants housed in a lovely Art Deco building. The market’s main hall is home to stalls selling gold, silver, rubies, emeralds and Burmese jade;...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys