Shopping in Rangoon
Owner Augustine has been sourcing superior pieces for the city's well-heeled expats and visitors for several decades. Come for intricately carved wooden and stone figurines, silverware, lacquerware and larger items of furniture.
George Orwell and Pablo Neruda have both browsed the bookstalls run by the vendors of Pansodan Street. The uneven pavement in front of crumbling colonial-era buildings is lined with stall after stall of secondhand books, many in English, that...
This covered bazaar is a one-stop souvenir shop for visitors to Rangoon, with over 2,000 merchants housed in a lovely Art Deco building. The market’s main hall is home to stalls selling gold, silver, rubies, emeralds and Burmese jade;...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico