Shopping in Portree
Collected by David Nikel, AFAR Local Expert
Somerled Square, Portree IV51 9EH, UK
Homemade crafts have played a big part of traditional Hebridean life. An example: this charming store just off Somerled Square. A fully qualified aromatherapist, the owner makes soaps for every skin type using essential oils such as myrtle and...
The Green, Portree IV51 9BY, UK
When you enter inside Skye Batiks, an explosion of color greets you. The wall hangings, clothes, cushions and accessories are a combination of Celtic design and batik, a traditional dyeing technique used in Asia—often using vibrant hues. The store...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter