Shopping in Ponta Delgada
Collected by Nelson Carvalheiro, AFAR Local Expert
R. Machado dos Santos 73, 9500-083 Ponta Delgada, Portugal
The inspiration for Paulo do Vale's Azorean black gold jewelry came from the artisan's son, who suggested do Vale make a piece of jewelry from basalt found on the beach. The volcanic rock is hand-crafted with gold, silver and even diamonds, turned...
R. do Mercado, 9500-326 Ponta Delgada, Portugal
Because of its unique climate and volcanic soil, markets in the Azores feature exotic produce not found anywhere else in Portugal. Annonas (similar to pawpaw or custard apples), araçal (somewhat like guava), yam, peppers and the ever-present sweet...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter