Shopping in Newcastle upon Tyne
Collected by Travis Marshall, AFAR Local Expert
Grainger St, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5QQ, UK
Newcastle upon Tyne’s traditional covered market sits at the heart of the city and dates from 1835. Here you can find everything from butchers and fresh produce stands to clothes and books. It’s also home to the Marks & Spencer Original Penny...
Central Exchange Buildings, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1, UK
Shopping at Newcastle's Central Arcade is as much about the building as the array of shops. The Edwardian-era structure has a soaring barrel-vaulted roof that bathes the elegant wooden storefronts and exceptional tile work in natural light. One...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter