Shopping in Naples
Collected by Nicky Swallow, AFAR Local Expert
Riviera di Chiaia, 287, 80122 Napoli NA, Italy
Marinella’s ties—all handmade from the finest silks—have graced the necks of kings, movie stars and politicians. Choose the silk you fancy and they will make it up for you: The company makes around 150 ties per day, but takes orders for around...
Via Chiaia, 32, 80121 Napoli NA, Italy
The upmarket neighborhood of Chiaia hugs the curve of Naples’s waterfront from the ancient Castel dell’Ovo to Mergellina in the west. The long seafront promenade is a classic Neapolitan stroll, and the Villa Comunale park is popular with kids on a...
Vico Due Porte a Toledo, 39/40, 80134 Napoli NA, Italy
Working out of a tiny, cramped shop just off Via Toledo, Mario Talarico is famous for his handmade silk umbrellas that come in all shapes, sizes and colors, accompanied by a lifelong guarantee. Founded in 1860 and still in the same family, the...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States