Shopping in Longyearbyen
Collected by David Nikel, AFAR Local Expert
Longyearbyen, Svalbard and Jan Mayen
Where better to buy cold-weather clothing than in one of the coldest habitable places in the world? Open since 1990, RaBis Bua As mainly stocks pure wool underwear and sweatshirts that make ideal gifts. Brands include the well-known Dale of Norway...
Longyearbyen 9170, Svalbard and Jan Mayen
Many visitors to tiny Longyearbyen are surprised to discover the world's northernmost department store here. Residents shop for groceries alongside fresh-food counters offering cheap lunch options such as pizza and seafood. Cosmetics, souvenirs,...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December