Shopping in Kristiansand
Collected by David Nikel, AFAR Local Expert
Rådhusgata 3, 4611 Kristiansand, Norway
You can watch the glassblowing process firsthand at this welcoming workshop and studio owned by artisan glassblowers Jarle and Camilla Knapstad. The finished products are a dazzling array of colored glassware—stemware, decanters, vases, dishes—all...
Markens gate 25B, 4611 Kristiansand, Norway
This small downtown shopping mall focuses on food with stores such as Lille Kolonial, offering fresh regional produce and Vinmonopolet, the state-run alcohol outlet, selling bottled Norwegian craft beers. The center is also home to a number of...
S, Kronprinsens gate 49, 4614 Kristiansand, Norway
This sprawling market in Kristiansand’s old town is held every Saturday in the summer. It features arts and crafts, antiques, flowers and food as well as fun activities for adults and children alongside a large outdoor café. Enter via the corner...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles