Shopping in Katakolon
Collected by Andrew Bostock, AFAR Contributor
Pyrgos 270 67, Greece
Young Aristoteles discovered he had a talent for carving the local wood. His son Yanni now carries on the tradition and his workshop specializes in all things to do with olivewood. Here you can buy everything from kitchenware to chess sets.
Archea Olimpia 270 65, Greece
You can buy reproductions of Greek antiquities at many shops, but to be assured of quality there is no better place to go than the superb museum at Olympia itself. The prices reflect the high quality of the works, which are licensed by the...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Exceptional Travel Experiences The Ideal Iceland May Only Exist in Your Mind