Shopping in Katakolon
Collected by Andrew Bostock
Pyrgos 270 67, Greece
Young Aristoteles discovered he had a talent for carving the local wood. His son Yanni now carries on the tradition and his workshop specializes in all things to do with olivewood. Here you can buy everything from kitchenware to chess sets.
Archea Olimpia 270 65, Greece
You can buy reproductions of Greek antiquities at many shops, but to be assured of quality there is no better place to go than the superb museum at Olympia itself. The prices reflect the high quality of the works, which are licensed by the...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna