Shopping in Iraklion
Collected by Andrew Bostock , AFAR Contributor
Karterou 35, Iraklio 712 01, Greece
This small, family-run boutique sells herbs and spices grown on Crete as well as teas, honey and other local products, all of which make authentic souvenirs and gifts. Look for some of the more unusual offerings such as cinnamon cordial.
Chandakos 29, Iraklio 712 02, Greece
Lose yourself in this wonderful bookstore where you'll find the shelves well stocked with reading material in many different languages, including guidebooks, maps and books devoted to traveling around Crete and the history of the island.
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019