Shopping in Invergordon (Inverness)
Collected by Ann Shields, AFAR Staff
Shore St, Cromarty IV11 8XL, UK
Originally opened by a local couple in 1965, their German-born daughter-in-law Bärbel Dister has been hand-throwing pottery in this Highland village since 1990. Her shop is a trove of bespoke hand-crafted crockery and art. Charming hand-painted...
4-9 Huntly St, Inverness IV3 5PR, UK
This is a signature outlet for tartan and clan-related gifts for anyone with the slightest hint of Scottish ancestry: from the sublime—a hand-tailored kilt—to the slightly silly—clan-crested candles and fridge magnets. Somewhere between the two, a...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna