Shopping in Invergordon (Inverness)
Collected by Ann Shields, AFAR Staff
Shore St, Cromarty IV11 8XL, UK
Originally opened by a local couple in 1965, their German-born daughter-in-law Bärbel Dister has been hand-throwing pottery in this Highland village since 1990. Her shop is a trove of bespoke hand-crafted crockery and art. Charming hand-painted...
4-9 Huntly St, Inverness IV3 5PR, UK
This is a signature outlet for tartan and clan-related gifts for anyone with the slightest hint of Scottish ancestry: from the sublime—a hand-tailored kilt—to the slightly silly—clan-crested candles and fridge magnets. Somewhere between the two, a...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security