Shopping in Ilhéus
This former cabaret was once the place to see and be seen for cocoa tycoons of Ilhéus (and, of course, another atmospheric setting in Jorge Amado's Gabriela, Cravo e Canela). Fully restored in 2004, it stages concerts and art exhibitions in...
This market is the spot in Ilhéus for the most vibrant collection of traditional crafts and souvenirs, ranging from pretty white dresses, crocheted textiles, beaded jewelry and clay sculptures typical of the region to enough chocolate to...
This popular sweets factory is one of the best places in Ilhéus to pick up all manner of locally produced chocolates, which come in all shapes, sizes—and levels of provocativeness—from bars to bomboms to an erotic line for those...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna