Shopping in Ilhéus
This former cabaret was once the place to see and be seen for cocoa tycoons of Ilhéus (and, of course, another atmospheric setting in Jorge Amado's Gabriela, Cravo e Canela). Fully restored in 2004, it stages concerts and art exhibitions in...
This market is the spot in Ilhéus for the most vibrant collection of traditional crafts and souvenirs, ranging from pretty white dresses, crocheted textiles, beaded jewelry and clay sculptures typical of the region to enough chocolate to...
This popular sweets factory is one of the best places in Ilhéus to pick up all manner of locally produced chocolates, which come in all shapes, sizes—and levels of provocativeness—from bars to bomboms to an erotic line for those...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 4 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022