Shopping in Hong Kong
Collected by Heidi Sarna, AFAR Local Expert
Stanley Market Rd, Stanley, Hong Kong
Stanley Market is the first place local people think of for shopping. For out-of-towners, a Stanley shopping trip kills two birds with one stone—sightseeing and bargain hunting. The 45-minute bus or taxi drive from Central to the little...
Battery St & Kansu St, Yau Ma Tei, Hong Kong
Jade is very important to the Chinese and represents long life, good health, and beauty. Do your homework if you want a serious piece—for example, the best jade is translucent and green; the stuff to avoid is opaque with brown or gray bits....
902, Horizon Plaza, 2 Lee Wing St, Ap Lei Chau, Hong Kong
This nondescript tower of retail therapy on Ap Lei Chau Island harbors more than 100 stores spread across 25 floors. Converted from an old factory, the vertical city of stores runs the gamut from high-end fashion brands including Armani, Hugo...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Exceptional Travel Experiences The Ideal Iceland May Only Exist in Your Mind