Shopping in Helsinki
Collected by Ann Shields, AFAR Staff
Aleksanterinkatu 52, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
The largest department store in the Nordic region, Stockmann has gained a reputation for carrying a wide range of internationally recognized luxury brands. Don't miss Stockmann’s Herkku, the amazing basement-level foodstuffs department.
Uudenmaankatu 15, 00120 Helsinki, Finland
Paola Ivana Suhonen’s collections reflect her combined experience as an artist, designer and filmmaker. Soulful and cinematic, her graphics and prints (knitted dresses, tunics) draw inspiration from both Slavic melancholy and bright Scandinavian...
Eteläranta, 00170 Helsinki, Finland
From spring to autumn, Market Square is the vibrant and colorful heart of Helsinki, with vendors selling fresh local food and souvenirs and numerous outdoor cafés offering pastries and other delicacies. In early October, the square is at its...
Rödbergsgatan 7, 00120 Helsingfors, Finland
Spread across several adjacent neighborhoods, Design District Helsinki is a celebration of Finnish creativity and culture. Anchored by the Design Museum and the Museum of Finnish Architecture and Design, the Design District is comprised of nearly...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles