Shopping in Halong Bay
Collected by Gretchen Kelly, AFAR Local Expert
Hạ Long, Bãi Cháy, Thành phố Hạ Long, Hạ Long Quảng Ninh, Vietnam
Night markets are an Asian institution allowing you to shop after the heat of the day has passed, and find unique gifts, local foods and other covetable products. The Halong Night Market includes more than a hundred stalls, some offering crafts...
Trần Quốc Nghiễn, P. Bạch Đằng, Thành phố Hạ Long, Quảng Ninh, Vietnam
You have to get up early in the morning to enjoy the fruits on offer at the floating Halong Bay market. Purveyors come out with dragon fruits, lychees, durians and other fruits as early as 5 a.m. and then wind up sales by about 10 a.m. While this...
4-68 Suối Mơ, Bãi Cháy, Thành phố Hạ Long, Quảng Ninh, Vietnam
The Bai Chay Shopping Mall is not a picturesque market staged for travelers. Instead at this new complex on Vuon Dao Street you'll find locals shopping for clothes and other items, though at a higher price point than you might find at the night...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked