Shopping in Halong Bay
Collected by Gretchen Kelly, AFAR Local Expert
Hạ Long, Bãi Cháy, Thành phố Hạ Long, Hạ Long Quảng Ninh, Vietnam
Night markets are an Asian institution allowing you to shop after the heat of the day has passed, and find unique gifts, local foods and other covetable products. The Halong Night Market includes more than a hundred stalls, some offering crafts...
Trần Quốc Nghiễn, Bạch Đằng, Thành phố Hạ Long, Quảng Ninh, Vietnam
You have to get up early in the morning to enjoy the fruits on offer at the floating Halong Bay market. Purveyors come out with dragon fruits, lychees, durians and other fruits as early as 5 a.m. and then wind up sales by about 10 a.m. While this...
4-68 Suối Mơ, Bãi Cháy, Thành phố Hạ Long, Quảng Ninh, Vietnam
The Bai Chay Shopping Mall is not a picturesque market staged for travelers. Instead at this new complex on Vuon Dao Street you'll find locals shopping for clothes and other items, though at a higher price point than you might find at the night...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna