Shopping in Haines
Collected by Dawn Reiss, AFAR Contributor
20 Portage Dr, Haines, AK 99827, USA
Alaskan artist Tresham Gregg specializes in Indian tribal art and makes wood carvings, totem poles, jewelry, masks, graphic art and puppets. His biggest gallery, Uniquely Alaskan Arts, is located at 201 Willard Street, and Whale Rider Gallery,...
5 Mud Bay Rd, Haines, AK 99827, USA
This studio-gallery is open year round and showcases pieces by local artists working in a variety of media. Artworks range from glass mosaics and woodblock prints to works cast in silver or Damascus steel, along with watercolors and oil paintings,...
37 Portage Dr, Haines, AK 99827, USA
This seafood haven is known for its wild Alaskan smoked cod, salmon and halibut. But shoppers can find other Alaskan-made specialties including birch syrup, alder-smoked sea salt, fireweed honey, reindeer summer sausage, king salmon jerky and...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Expedition Cruises Take This Quiz to Find Your Perfect Cruise Destination Sponsored by Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises