Shopping in Funchal
Collected by Nelson Carvalheiro, AFAR Local Expert
R. Hospital Velho 28, 9060-155 Funchal, Portugal
In the heart of Funchal’s Old Town, the Armazém do Mercado, or Market Warehouse, is not just any ordinary shopping mall: It’s a space that’s at the forefront of the city’s flourishing urban culture. The swank, contemporary space houses artist...
Rua Dr. Fernão de Ornelas 77 1º andar, 9050-021 Funchal, Portugal
Madeira is known for its elegant embroidery, a craft that has been practiced on the island for more than 150 years. Founded in 1962, Bordal stitches all of its pieces by hand and is regarded as one of Madeira's best and most beautiful brands....
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022