Shopping In Flåm
Collected by Jeryl Brunner
Odden 13, 5745 Aurland, Norway
While Aurland was once a hub for traditional shoemaking, the Aurland Shoe Factory is the only surviving company which still makes the Aurland shoe (aka “the original penny loafer") by hand. Take a tour of the facility—part artisan workshop, part...
Onstadvegen 2A, 5745 Aurland, Norway
For delicious cinnamon buns, bread and other mouthwatering baked goods, make a stop at Marianne Bakeri and Kafe, a family-owned bakery in Aurland, three kilometers from Flåm along the shores of the Sognefjord. Marianne, the bakery's namesake,...
Searching for an authentic gift to bring home? Huldra Husflid & Kunsthandverk offers a large selection of yarn, knitted goods, sewing patterns and handicrafts from famous Norwegian companies and designers. The store also sells a range of souvenir...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna