Shopping in Colombo
This elegant mansion overlooking Viharamahadevi Park is a top spot for picking up stylish Sri Lankan souvenirs. Stock up on housewares, handmade glass, bath products, candles, books and colorful wooden toys.
Shoppers with stamina can wander the hectic streets of this commercial quarter and visit the various markets. Each street loosely specializes in selling different items—you can buy anything from a giant cooking pot to a computer to fresh...
Undoubtedly one of Colombo’s most atmospheric shopping areas can be found amid the historic surroundings of Fort’s Old Dutch Hospital, built in 1677. There are outlets here of several Colombo favorites like Spa Ceylon and Barefoot,...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos