Shopping in Charleston
Collected by Stacey Zable, AFAR Contributor
188 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Once the center of commerce in Charleston, the City Market is now the heart of tourism. Although its location near the cruise terminal can make it feel like a kitschy open-air market in the Caribbean, the tackiness is part of its charm. Yes,...
191 King St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
King Street is lined with boutiques, many of which are owned by multigenerational merchant families. Top choices on Lower King are George C. Birlant & Co. (191 King St.) in the antiques district, known for its Charleston Battery Bench with cypress...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now