Shopping in Catania
Collected by Travis Marshall, AFAR Local Expert
95041 Caltagirone, Province of Catania, Italy
The nearby town of Caltagirone is renowned for its pottery, both historic works and new pieces by local artisans. The vibrantly patterned ceramics are everywhere, from the churches and gardens to the gorgeous Scala di Santa Maria del Monte. This...
Piazza Carlo Alberto di Savoia, 95100 Catania CT, Italy
The Market of Piazza Carlo Alberto, also called Fera 'O Luni (Monday Fair), is one of the oldest outdoor markets in the city. Held in Piazza Carlo Alberto since the 1830s, it’s a great spot to search for that special find, with everything from...
Viale della Libertà, 153, 95129 Catania CT, Italy
Stop in here for the widest selection of unique Mt. Etna wines to take home. Not only can you have a glass—or bottle—at the bar and restaurant, but the wine shop has around 10,000 labels to choose from, including many local varieties.
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter