Shopping in Cartagena
Collected by Julie Schwietert Collazo, AFAR Local Expert
Cl. 35 #3-19, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
Once the source of two-thirds of the world's emerald supply, Colombia's gem-mining industry remains active, and visitors to the country count jewelry among their most coveted souvenirs. While there are many shops where emeralds and Colombia's...
Cl. 36 #3-86, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
In a city that inspired the most famous works by the winner of a Nobel Prize in literature, you'd be forgiven for expecting a place to buy novels on every corner. Cartagena's book offerings are somewhat slim, but the best by far is Ábaco, a...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys