Shopping in Auckland
Collected by Meg Nesterov, AFAR Local Expert
35 High St, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand
19 High St, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand
Unity is what all bookstores should be: a good collection of global newspapers by the door, a room stacked to the gills with curated books and magazines, and an extremely well-read staff. Three people is a crowd here; 30 is a very civilized riot....
253-261 Queen St, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand
Auckland's oldest department store was started in 1880 as a drapery and hat shop by a Miss Caughey, who quickly expanded on her success with her brother and her husband (Mr. Smith). The quality of their goods and service has made this a city...
20 High St, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand
The unpredictable weather and abundance of sheep means that merino wool is a staple of New Zealand textiles—and Untouched World makes theirs locally to the highest and fairest standards. The shop carries a range of luxurious, stylish and unfussy...
71 Ponsonby Rd, Grey Lynn, Auckland 1011, New Zealand
Located in the cool Ponsonby neighborhood, this design shop specializes in interesting and thoughtful gifts with a focus on New Zealand-made objects. There's an inspiring collection of wall art, ceramics and handmade jewelry, and even those weary...
136-146 Ponsonby Rd, Ponsonby, Auckland 1011, New Zealand
Eight restaurants, 6 produce sellers, 5 retail stores, and 1 cooking school. When Ponsonby Central was first mooted no one really knew how successful it would become, a de facto melting pot and one place where everyone can agree on for a bite...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now