Shopping in Athens
Collected by Rachel Howard , AFAR Local Expert
Agias Theklas 2, Athina 105 54, Greece
The Melissinos family has been hand-crafting leather shoes since the 1920s. Their unisex sandals are named after famous fans who wore them (John Lennon, Jeremy Irons, Jackie O), and a few who didn’t (Aristotle, Caesar, Cleopatra). These cult...
Solonos 6, Athina 106 73, Greece
This five-story beauty emporium and spa stocks Apivita’s chemical-free cosmetics made with honey, royal jelly and bee pollen. You can create your own personalized beauty products with a pharmacist and aromatherapist. At the cozy, top-floor...
Adrianou 100, Athina 105 58, Greece
Plaka's souvenir shops are a tired collection of Greek clichés, mostly made in China. This modern design store breaks the mold. All the witty and wonderful creations are made in Greece: wooden sunglasses, winged jelly sandals, evil-eye tote bags...
- 1 Tips + News California Lifts Stay-Home Order, Allowing Travel in the State to Resume
- 2 Air Travel All Travelers to U.S. Will Need to Quarantine and Show Negative COVID Test Result
- 3 Tips + News Americans Have Traveled to Mexico Throughout COVID
- 4 Tips + News Planes, Trains, and . . . National Parks? Yep, Masks Now Required for Travel in U.S.
- 5 Hotels 11 Overwater Bungalows to Book in 2021