Shopping in Athens
Collected by Rachel Howard , AFAR Local Expert
Agias Theklas 2, Athina 105 54, Greece
The Melissinos family has been hand-crafting leather shoes since the 1920s. Their unisex sandals are named after famous fans who wore them (John Lennon, Jeremy Irons, Jackie O), and a few who didn’t (Aristotle, Caesar, Cleopatra). These cult...
Solonos 6, Athina 106 73, Greece
This five-story beauty emporium and spa stocks Apivita’s chemical-free cosmetics made with honey, royal jelly and bee pollen. You can create your own personalized beauty products with a pharmacist and aromatherapist. At the cozy, top-floor...
Adrianou 100, Athina 105 58, Greece
Plaka's souvenir shops are a tired collection of Greek clichés, mostly made in China. This modern design store breaks the mold. All the witty and wonderful creations are made in Greece: wooden sunglasses, winged jelly sandals, evil-eye tote bags...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019