Shopping in Athens
Collected by Rachel Howard, AFAR Local Expert
Agias Theklas 2, Athina 105 54, Greece
The Melissinos family has been hand-crafting leather shoes since the 1920s. Their unisex sandals are named after famous fans who wore them (John Lennon, Jeremy Irons, Jackie O), and a few who didn’t (Aristotle, Caesar, Cleopatra). These cult...
Solonos 6, Athina 106 73, Greece
This five-story beauty emporium and spa stocks Apivita’s chemical-free cosmetics made with honey, royal jelly and bee pollen. You can create your own personalized beauty products with a pharmacist and aromatherapist. At the cozy, top-floor...
Adrianou 100, Athina 105 58, Greece
Plaka's souvenir shops are a tired collection of Greek clichés, mostly made in China. This modern design store breaks the mold. All the witty and wonderful creations are made in Greece: wooden sunglasses, winged jelly sandals, evil-eye tote bags...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter