Shopping in Amsterdam
Collected by Travis Marshall , AFAR Local Expert
Stadionweg 39, 1077 RW Amsterdam, Netherlands
For ultrachic shopping, look beyond Amsterdam’s city center to Beethovenstraat. Here, you’ll find Dutch designer PAUW and the English Hatter, which is a posh spot for men’s fashion. You’ll also find a collection of perfume shops, chocolatiers and...
Tweede Goudsbloemdwarsstraat 19, 1015 JX Amsterdam, Netherlands
The Jordaan area, with narrow lanes and tree-lined canals, is not only beautiful and enjoyable to explore—it’s also a place where you can find treasures among the myriad specialty shops and galleries. Start from one of the main streets like...
At the northern end of the Jordaan district, Haarlemmerstraat and Haarlemmerdijk are popular shopping strips for people looking beyond international brands. You’ll find more than 200 shops selling everything from high fashion to jewelry and...
Wolvenstraat 9, 1016 EM Amsterdam, Netherlands
"9 Streets" (De 9 Straatjes) is a charming, picturesque shopping area in the heart of Amsterdam's canal district. Located between Leidsestraat and Raadhuisstraat, this area is named after the nine side streets connecting the main 17th-century...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Travel News The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall