Shopping in A Coruña
Collected by Ann Shields, AFAR Staff
Rúa Real, 56, 15003 A Coruña, Spain
This local company creates playful, modern ceramics—often white with blue and black graphic painting—in the forms of masks, sculpture, tableware and, perhaps most familiarly, tap handles for Galicia’s Estrella beer. These energetic, Picasso-esque...
Rúa Juan Flórez, 64-66, 15005 A Coruña, Spain
The worldwide clothing chain started in A Coruña in the 1970s when Amancio Ortega realized that the wives of local fishermen were underemployed and organized them into sewing cooperatives for a new company. Ortega, now the third-richest person in...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local