Shopping in A Coruña
Collected by Ann Shields, AFAR Staff
Rúa Real, 56, 15003 A Coruña, Spain
This local company creates playful, modern ceramics—often white with blue and black graphic painting—in the forms of masks, sculpture, tableware and, perhaps most familiarly, tap handles for Galicia’s Estrella beer. These energetic, Picasso-esque...
Rúa Juan Flórez, 64-66, 15005 A Coruña, Spain
The worldwide clothing chain started in A Coruña in the 1970s when Amancio Ortega realized that the wives of local fishermen were underemployed and organized them into sewing cooperatives for a new company. Ortega, now the third-richest person in...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter