Shopping Icy Strait Point
Collected by Ann Shields, AFAR Staff
108 Cannery Rd, Hoonah, AK 99829, USA
Back in the old days, the canneries, using their own currencies, sold workers everything they could possibly need. And if they didn’t have it, clearly, you didn’t really need it. Not much has changed, except now they accept greenbacks. Check out...
Cannery Rd, Hoonah, AK 99829, USA
You’ve probably finished some of the books you brought on your trip by now. The Hoonah Schools Bookstore gives you the chance to restock—and to help a local cause. Even by Alaska standards, Hoonah is fairly remote, so it’s expensive for schools'...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now