Shop the Globe: London
Collected by Afar Magazine
Three of the city's most style-minded designers reveal their go-to stores for made-to-measure tailoring, artistic furnishings, and hard-to-find books.
17 Clifford St, Mayfair, London W1S 3RQ, UK
“Anderson & Sheppard have had a presence in the area since the turn of the last century. They may be over 100 years old, but they blend a century of bespoke tailoring with contemporary touches and perfect detailing. It was perhaps gaining a musty...
43A Duke Street St James's, St. James's, London SW1Y 6DD, UK
“I visit Sims Reed Rare Books for its excellent selection of art books. They are true experts at curating interesting and surprising titles. Most recently, I bought a book of photographs by Cy Twombly.” —Edward Barber, cofounder of the design firm...
12 Holland St, Kensington, London W8 4LT, UK
“Willer is a gem of a shop. It specializes in pottery, glassware, and bronzes that act as pieces of sculpture or artworks in and of themselves. My favorite pieces here are the candlesticks by Lynn Chadwick and at the moment I really love the...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village