Collected by Amanda Castleman, AFAR Local Expert
691 Willsons Rd, Macgillivray SA 5223, Australia
Now South Australia’s only eucalyptus-oil distillery, this friendly spot offers guided tours on the half hour during peak season (book ahead in winter). In addition to essential oils, it sells souvenirs from honey to sweet currant bars and...
1157 Elsegood Rd, Kingscote SA 5223, Australia
A hive-keeping hobby that started in 1973 has grown into a full-blown business—and it's become the world’s oldest bee sanctuary, too. Because of isolation, the Italian Ligurian strain of bees here remains free of mainland diseases. The farm...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now