Collected by edward readicker-henderson, AFAR Local Expert
56 Avenue du Commandant Destremau, Papeete 98713, French Polynesia
Tahitian black pearls are the one must-have. Here, you’ll find the highest quality and original designs that feature the strange deep shimmer of black pearl (and prices that seem one digit too long).
Pā'ōfa'i, Pape'ete, Pape'ete, French Polynesia
Galerie des Tropiques is where local artists show their stuff. Take a few minutes to learn the difference between high-quality and low-quality items, and then get shopping. You'll find some very nice carvings here, and plenty of pearl and...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022