Collected by edward readicker-henderson, AFAR Local Expert
56 Avenue du Commandant Destremau, Papeete 98713, French Polynesia
Tahitian black pearls are the one must-have. Here, you’ll find the highest quality and original designs that feature the strange deep shimmer of black pearl (and prices that seem one digit too long).
Pā'ōfa'i, Pape'ete, French Polynesia
Galerie des Tropiques is where local artists show their stuff. Take a few minutes to learn the difference between high-quality and low-quality items, and then get shopping. You'll find some very nice carvings here, and plenty of pearl and...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles