Once common, the art of carving and dyeing Hawaiian ipus (gourds) is fading. But artist Bill Wright still sells detailed masterpieces—both traditional and contemporary—in the village of Holualoa. His gallery also displays engravings...
Run by a nonprofit, this cheerful bazaar springs up on Saturday mornings from 8 a.m. to noon. Stop by the Captain's Cookies stall for Kona coffee, seasonal fruits and dog treats. Other standouts include aromatherapy oils from D. Medicine...
This eclectic one-stop spot sells everything from black pearls to fine-art oil paintings. The mall contains galleries, gift shops and island-style restaurants, including its namesake Kona Inn. Built in 1928, this former hotel now concentrates on...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village