Collected by Amanda Castleman , AFAR Local Expert
104 E Pioneer Ave, Homer, AK 99603, USA
Once a marine-canvas company that operated out of an old school bus, NOMAR has blossomed into an outdoor-clothing powerhouse. Standout designs include the Bering Sea Crabber Jacket, complete with a neoprene laminate front pouch to “protect your...
Anchor Point, AK 99556, USA
Set on painter Norman Lowell's homestead, this gallery displays his immense oils of Alaska landscapes and is one of the state’s larger art collections. The gift shop sells prints as well as real-deal originals (which can go for up to $30,000). But...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico