Collected by Amanda Castleman, AFAR Local Expert
104 E Pioneer Ave, Homer, AK 99603, USA
Once a marine-canvas company that operated out of an old school bus, NOMAR has blossomed into an outdoor-clothing powerhouse. Standout designs include the Bering Sea Crabber Jacket, complete with a neoprene laminate front pouch to “protect your...
Anchor Point, AK 99556, USA
Set on painter Norman Lowell's homestead, this gallery displays his immense oils of Alaska landscapes and is one of the state’s larger art collections. The gift shop sells prints as well as real-deal originals (which can go for up to $30,000). But...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December