Shenzhen 2 day trip
Collected by Elaine Fang
Longgang, Shenzhen, China
It's easy to get lost among the thousands of galleries that make up the Dafen Painting Village in Shenzhen. They sell imitations of the world's masterpieces, some original art, and also custom paintings from photos. I love watching the artists at...
Ai Guo Lu, Luohu Qu, Shenzhen Shi, Guangdong Sheng, China
Before the Spring Festival in Shenzhen, the city blocks off streets for several huge Flower Fairs. The one in Luohu on Aiguo Rd is the biggest, and it was packed the day I went with people celebrating the year of the dragon. You could buy some...
Overseas Chinese City, Nanshan, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, 518000
I found these awesome old-fashioned bikes for rent outside a flower shop in the OCT Loft. They are made available by a small Shenzhen nonprofit called "bedbikecity," which advocates for the equal rights of road usage for green travel. Located on...
Shennan Ave, HuaQiaoCheng, Nanshan Qu, Shenzhen Shi, Guangdong Sheng, China, 518053
I have to admit, I'm not a very good art appreciator. I usually visit museums and galleries just because I feel I should. Holy Cow! Now, this is my kind of gallery! The whole building is devoted to hexagons, from the hexagon glass frame on the...
Xiangshan E St, HuaQiaoCheng, Nanshan Qu, Shenzhen Shi, Guangdong Sheng, China, 518053
Little Thing Shop is the shop of my dreams. It seems improbable that it should exist in Shenzhen, a city still unsure about its artists and designers. In the middle of the shop is a small house that contains an art gallery. The rest of the store...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall