Collected by Sophie Friedman, AFAR Local Expert
45 Anfu Rd, Xuhui Qu, Shanghai Shi, China
Despite a name change from Mia's Yunnan Kitchen to Julie's, this inexpensive, cheerful restaurant in the French Concession continues to serve delicious cuisine from southern Yunnan province. Kunming, Yunnan's capital, is 1,900 miles from...
3 Zhongshan East 1st Rd, WaiTan, Huangpu Qu, Shanghai Shi, China, 200002
Located in a 1916 heritage building on the Bund, this Michelin-starred restaurant is famous for the European and South American dishes on the menu by chef Mauro Colagreco. The delicious flavors compete, successfully, for your attention with the...
375 Zhenning Rd, Changning Qu, Shanghai Shi, China, 200040
There's no better place to enjoy authentic Shanghainese food than inside a 1920s Spanish villa. Right? Right! Take a seat at one of Fu 1088's vintage tables, and get ready to savor a parade of elegantly plated local dishes. If you’re keen to...
99-1 Xikang Rd, Jingan Qu, China, 200085
You can find this Shanghai stalwart just around the corner from the Portman Ritz-Carlton, plying eager diners with prototypical Shanghai dishes around the clock (and all-you-can-eat dim sum on the weekends). Locals here tuck into hairy...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter