The original Jade Buddha Temple was built in the late-19th century to house two jade Buddha statues brought from Burma by a monk named Hui Gen. They remain the principal attractions of the temple, especially the larger of the two, a seated Buddha...
Shanghai’s Maglev train, running from Pudong airport to Longyang Road station, floats on magnets and can reach speeds of 460 kilometers (268 miles) per hour along its 30-kilometer (18.6-mile) route. From the Longyang Road station, head to...
This "water town" built on a network of canals on the outskirts of Shanghai is filled with traditional houses from the Ming dynasty (1368–1644). One of the suburb's most famous sites, the always bustling Town God Temple also dates from the...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May