The original Jade Buddha Temple was built in the late-19th century to house two jade Buddha statues brought from Burma by a monk named Hui Gen. They remain the principal attractions of the temple, especially the larger of the two, a seated Buddha...
Shanghai’s Maglev train, running from Pudong airport to Longyang Road station, floats on magnets and can reach speeds of 460 kilometers (268 miles) per hour along its 30-kilometer (18.6-mile) route. From the Longyang Road station, head to...
This "water town" built on a network of canals on the outskirts of Shanghai is filled with traditional houses from the Ming dynasty (1368–1644). One of the suburb's most famous sites, the always bustling Town God Temple also dates from the...
- 1 Travel News The Real Story Behind Venice’s Newly Crystal-Clear Canals
- 2 Travel News Quarantine. Self-Isolation. Lockdown. Shelter in Place. What’s the Difference?
- 3 Travel News Virtual Museum Tours, Performances, and Tutorials to Keep You (and Your Kids) Entertained at Home
- 4 Air Travel TSA Just Made Some Major Changes to Its Rules Due to Coronavirus
- 5 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Locked-Down Countries