The original Jade Buddha Temple was built in the late-19th century to house two jade Buddha statues brought from Burma by a monk named Hui Gen. They remain the principal attractions of the temple, especially the larger of the two, a seated Buddha...
Shanghai’s Maglev train, running from Pudong airport to Longyang Road station, floats on magnets and can reach speeds of 460 kilometers (268 miles) per hour along its 30-kilometer (18.6-mile) route. From the Longyang Road station, head to...
This "water town" built on a network of canals on the outskirts of Shanghai is filled with traditional houses from the Ming dynasty (1368–1644). One of the suburb's most famous sites, the always bustling Town God Temple also dates from the...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village