Collected by Pamela Wright
People's Square, Huangpu, China, 200000
Yu Garden - This is the traditional Chinese garden, a very large garden. The feel is very zen. Again, I went there in pouring rain, but still very pretty. There are other major sights that you should go once in Shanghai: 1. The Cheng Huang Temple...
218 Anren St, Huangpu Qu, Shanghai Shi, China, 200000
79 Fenyang Rd, Xuhui Qu, Shanghai Shi, China
Shanghai has always been China’s most cosmopolitan city. After the first Opium War (1839–1842), the city was divided into foreign concessions and entered a golden age, with a thriving nightlife scene, an active film industry, and a...
Pudong, Shanghai, China, 200000
On Century Avenue in Pudong near the Shanghai World Financial Center (currently the tallest building in China), kite vendors fly and sell kites. The kites soar to the height of the super high skyscrapers. There's a Chinese saying, "Those who fly a...
11 Nanjing W Rd, NanJing XiLu, Huangpu Qu, Shanghai Shi, China, 200000
Barbarossa's Moroccan cuisine, Arabian decor and dramatic warm lighting are like a scene out of Casablanca. However, positioned against Shanghai's skyline and a crowd of hip locals, dining here is a wholly modern Chinese experience. Stay for...
Hongmei Lu 3721, 长宁区 China, 201103
For a classy souvenir, head over to the Hongqiao Pearl Market to pick up a strand—or six—of South Sea Pearls. Be sure to browse the stalls first to get an idea of the scope of options (everything from technicolor concoctions to perfect orbs...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna