Seward Additional Top 5
Collected by Amanda Castleman , AFAR Local Expert
1300 4th Ave, Seward, AK 99664, USA
Coho (silver) salmon pack the coastal waters from June through August, peaking for a month starting in mid-July. Rockfish, halibut and lingcod also bow the fishing rods there. Sportfishing charters typically depart around 6:30 a.m. and return...
239 6th Ave, Seward, AK 99664, USA
A perfect rainy-day retreat, this quirky museum features a collection ranging from Russian relics to Iditarod memorabilia and a vintage hair-curling machine. An excellent multimedia exhibit explores the 1964 earthquake and subsequent tsunami. The...
420 Ballaine Blvd, Seward, AK 99664, USA
This pleasant coastal park sweeps from the small boat harbor to the Alaska SeaLife Center, encompassing beaches, picnic areas, a skate zone and sites for tents and RVs. Follow the shoreline path from Mile 5 of the Iditarod National Historic Trail...
Seward, AK 99664, USA
Paddle offshore on a short excursion or load into a water taxi for a day trip exploring Caines Head, Fox Island or the Aialik Glacier. Bald eagles often soar overhead: Listen for their distinctive cackle (the majestic shrill associated with...
2001 Seward Hwy, Seward, AK 99664, USA
Local artists have painted the town with scenes ranging from wildflowers to The Giving Tree and even the senior prom. The Kenai Fjords National Park wall—by the renowned Ed Tussey from Homer—stands out as the most stunning and detailed. Look for...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum