Collected by Ivonne Aviles
Av. de la Constitución, s/n, 41004 Sevilla, Spain
The immense Gothic Cathedral of Seville was built on the site of an ancient Muslim mosque. It was completed in the early 16th century and was designated a Roman Catholic cathedral. Since 1987, this cathedral has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site...
Calle Céspedes, 21, 41004 Sevilla, Spain
La Carboneria is a special place. Unlike the tourist spots for flamenco, this feels alive. There is a buzz of energy, a sense of place as friends call out to each other before the show starts, the stone floored room smells of woodsmoke,and the...
Calle Peral, 49, 41002 Sevilla, Spain
by Kelly Lack “Elbows out, twist your hands, hold your posture, feel the rhythm … feel the rhythm,” Christine Lian told herself. She was in a flamenco lesson in Spain, trying to master the steps of this fluid, dramatic dance. “My biggest...
Calle Muñoz Olive Bloque 1 Planta 2 Modulo 4, 41001 Sevilla, Spain
The Triana market may be my favorite market anywhere. There has been a market in this spot for 200 years, and that history can be felt. I loved the tile signs above each stand, the friendly and engaging vendors, the fishmongers that move like...
Av. de la Constitución, 2, 41004 Sevilla, Spain
October 27th, 2009 We tend to take trips in October and as this was coming together, the date kept slipping later and later. Originally planned as a trip to France, we ended up heading to Andalucia instead. This is a great candy shop right in the...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys