Seto Inland Sea, Japan See/Do
Of all the world's sculpture parks and complexes of site-specific art, those on the hilly island of Naoshima and the neighboring Teshima Island are among the most stunning. Both are home to pieces that belong to the renowned Benesse Collection....
The second largest of the Inland Sea’s islands, mountainous and rural Shodo Island is famous for its Kankakei Gorge, where maple and gingko trees blaze in a colorful display each fall, as well as the fine beaches along its 126 kilometers (78...
Whichever side of Awaji—the Inland Sea's largest island—that you cruise along, you're guaranteed some breathtaking views. At the northern tip of the island, the Akashi Strait Bridge's central span is the world’s longest among...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May