Collected by John Oseid, AFAR Local Expert
1401 Route d'Agde, 34200 Sète, France
Just to the west of Sète, ACD Face à la Mer lives up to its name (which means "facing the sea"); the seasonal seafood-grill restaurant sits on a private lido beach, with tables on a wooden deck under tarps and with beach loungers for relaxation....
47 Rue Pierre Semard, 34200 Sète, France
Located off a side canal, Le Paris-Méditerranée—with its red banquettes, small backyard garden and a simple chalkboard menu placed tableside—is a cozy affair with occasional live music. Its modest appearance belies the excellence of the dishes...
1 Quai des Moulins, 34200 Sète, France
For sheer novelty alone, La Péniche on the Quai des Moulins merits a visit—in a former life, this restaurant was a barge. Today, it sports a modern and fresh interior with large windows, parquet floors, wooden tables and just-cut flowers. A full...
Grande Rue Mario Roustan, 34200 Sète, France
With its outdoor seating and glass front overlooking the Canal Royal, Tabary’s is a café that is just the place in any weather to while away the hours on a rattan chair, sip a coffee or hot chocolate and eat finger foods or huge servings of ice...
32 Rue Paul Riquet, 34110 Frontignan, France
One town over from Sète in Frontignan, Le Poisson Rouge occupies a red house on a strip of beach between the sea and the Thau Lagoon and serves oysters that come from local beds. From April to September, the restaurant’s outdoor space has a...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna