Collected by John Oseid, AFAR Local Expert
Rue Gambetta, 34200 Sète, France
Following years of renovation, the historic Halles de Sète covered market is again the best place to sample regional foods, from fresh fish and cheeses to sea salt. Visitors can also take home a bottle of Noilly Prat, a local herbal vermouth aged...
24 Rue Honoré Euzet, 34200 Sète, France
With a festival held in its honor, tielle is a celebrated golden pastry stuffed with a tomato-based ragout of octopus or squid, and made with olive oil and white wine. The popular treat can be purchased at the shops Tielles Cianni Marcos (24 Rue...
11 Place Gambetta, 34120 Pézenas, France
For several decades in the town of Pézenas, more than a hundred artisans working in wood, metal, stone and ceramic have been recognized far and wide for their work. Many sell their fine sculptures, furniture, tableware, jewelry and fashion pieces...
55 Rue de Verdun, 11000 Carcassonne, France
Next to the lively Côté Ferme restaurant in Carcassonne’s Bastide neighborhood, La Ferme delicatessen is jam-packed with cheeses and charcuterie, herbs, teas and local wines. Steps away at the large, leafy Place Carnot, a twice-weekly farmers...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter