Collected by David Farley, AFAR Contributor
Unnamed Road, Bački Monoštor, Serbia
On a hike across Vojvodena in Serbia ("The Path to Peace" in the March/April 2016 issue of AFAR), I got the chance to hang out in the first (and only) embassy to Liberland, a newly created country on a supposed piece of no man's land on the Danube...
Ulica Svetog Save 1, Apatin 25260, Serbia
Just what one needs after a day of traipsing through the Serbian countryside in insane heat with no water. When my friend Dusko and I limped into Apetin, a lovely town on the Danube River, we were greeted at his parents' house with nuggets of...
Ul. Maršala Tita 213, 31307, Zmajevac, Croatia
In this part of the Balkans, where Croatia, Serbia, and Hungary meet, fish paprikash is a common dining staple. Here in the Croatian town of Zmajevac, are five pots of paprika-laced fish being cooked outside of a restaurant, spotted on my big hike...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna