Collected by Pavle Repovic
531 Bongeunsa-ro, Samseong 1(il)-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Sometimes you don't have to escape the city to find a retreat. At Bongeunsa temple in the heart of Seoul's Gangnam district, visitors can relax at an overnight temple stay that encourages guests to clear their heads and refocus. Think of it as...
10 Toegye-ro 36-gil, Pildong 2(i)-ga, Jung-gu, 서울특별시 South Korea
Go one better than tasting the traditional Korean dishes and learn how to make your own. The Korea House (http://www.koreahouse.or.kr/eng/) offers private and group cooking classes where visitors can familiarize themselves with the most famous...
249 Dongho-ro, Jangchung-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
The renovated Shilla Hotel's brand new dining venue, La Yeon, gives Seoul's high-end restaurants a run for its money with beautifully executed lunch and dinner courses. The prix fixe midday meal is not too be missed -- an elegant parade of...
685 Jayang-dong, Gwangjin-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Spa as the locals do: Spend an afternoon at a jjimjilbang, a public bathhouse such as Happy Day Spa, with cauldron-like hot tubs, kiln-stoked saunas, and areas to just relax on the heated floor. This appeared in the January/February 2014 issue.
85-1 Chebu-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
A steaming bowl of ginseng chicken soup is just what the doctor ordered—no matter what ails you—and To Sok Chon is Seoul’s top spot. Each portion contains an entire boiled chicken, accompanied by roots and herbs. Despite the quantity, you’ll hear...
Gugi-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- 1 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States