See it all
Collected by penelope eller
There are very few places I don't want to see. But I do want to see it all!
17 Rue Montorgueil, 75001 Paris, France
So, you think you know Paris? There are hundreds of memorable streets and boulevards in the City of Lights. But, for my money, Rue Montorgueil is the best. It is compact, only three blocks long, with a metro stop at each end. In between, you have...
51 Rue Montorgueil, 75002 Paris, France
While the rum-soaked baba au rhum cake originated at Stohrer pâtisserie and is a classic, it’s the éclair au chocolat and the seasonal flavors (this winter’s include both salted caramel and chestnut cream) that deserve special attention. So do the...
32 Rue Notre Dame des Victoires, 75002 Paris, France
At his éclair-focused shop in the Marais, Christophe Adam presents riffs on traditional recipes in eye-popping colors and exotic flavors. You may be tempted by the best-selling Chocolat Grand Cru, but don’t overlook the more off-beat seasonal...
Hôtel Le Meurice, 228 Rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris, France
Among the reasons to take afternoon tea at Le Dalí, the Philippe Starck–designed restaurant in Le Meurice hotel, the duo of éclairs ranks high. The creator of the exquisite chocolate and strawberry-rhubarb interpretations is 28-year-old Cédric...
9 Rue Bachaumont, 75002 Paris, France
Pastry chef Loïc Bret asserts a whole new style by offering such savory variants as goat cheese and pesto or salmon-dill, as well as sweet flavors, including Nutella, rose raspberry, and a twist on lemon meringue pie. Do as the locals do and grab...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Restaurants + Cafés Italy Is Getting Its First Starbucks and Italians Are Conflicted
- 4 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 5 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free