Collected by Emma John, AFAR Local Expert
16 Playground Gardens, London E2 7FA, UK
I had a lovely picture of what lies behind the walls of Rochelle Canteen, but the nice man asked me not to post it. It's a bit of a secret, you see. Rochelle Canteen has no sign. No hint that a lovely cafe sits hidden behind the high walls of an...
12-16 Artillery Ln, London E1 7LS, UK
While it's not the clandestine experience it claims to be (we didn't have to ask for the mayor like the website says), The Mayor of Scaredy Cat Town is a fun time beneath the Breakfast Club restaurant in Spitalfields. To enter, you walk through an...
41 Great Russell St, Bloomsbury, London WC1B 3PE, UK
If you find yourself in Bloomsbury, London, head to Tea and Tattle, an African bookshop with a tea salon hidden in the basement. This may sound like an odd combination, but once you consider the shop’s proximity to the British Museum across the...
Chester Rd, London NW1 4NR, UK
London is known for its Royal Parks and for me a day spent in Regent's Park is the penultimate experience. On a visit last spring I struck up a conversation with a fellow garden enthusiast who asked if I had ever visited the "secret" garden at St....
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village