Collected by Sean LeSane
Sean LeSane′s Wishlist
Rue du Dessous des Clos, 51160 Hautvillers, France
Ceramicist Mathilde Vernillet makes and sells her pottery in a tiny workshop and storefront just off the main square in Hautvillers. Choose among practical containers and dinnerware with lustrous glazes and meticulously perforated, lace-like art...
5 Place du Général Gouraud, 51100 Reims, France
Of all the major champagne estates in the area, Pommery offers the best tour. Dress warmly to explore the 20-million-bottle cellars, many set in old Roman chalk mines. 33/(0) 32-661-6263. Read "A Certain Sparkle". This appeared in the...
6 Rue d'Avize, 51190 Oger, France
Sample the vendanges experience with the chance to harvest grapes, watch the press at work, taste fresh juice, and visit the winery’s caves. You will also take a walking tour of the village Oger, where you will see award-winning flower displays....
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December