Collected by Jane Gleason
Union St, Aberdeen, UK
In my year of living in Scotland, Scots had always told me to not go to Aberdeen. "There's nothing there. It's ugly. It's boring. It's dead depressing", they would say. But in my current trip to Scotland, I would have to say I really enjoy the...
Bennachie, Inverurie AB51 5HX, UK
Bennachie may not be tall (at 528 meters, it doesn't even qualify as a mountain), but surrounded by Aberdeenshire's flatlands its iconic Mither Tap peak can be seen for miles. From the top, past fields of gold and green, the hard blue line of the...
49-53 Queen's Rd, Aberdeen AB15 4YP, UK
I stayed at the Malmaison in Aberdeen, Scotland this past week - The accomodations are absolutely first class, great rooms, badrooms and beds. But the best of all was its food. Please try the Mussel Soup and the Salmon Salad. I have never tasted...
Stonehaven AB39 2TL, UK
Walking along the crispy cliffs of Scotland’s East Coast the mentality is the heavier the better. One strong gust of wind could send you over the edge into the cool waters below. Situated between the jagged rock face stands the remains of 15th...
Grantown on Spey PH26 3HG, UK
Over seven days, you’ll find the food, estate visits, and distillery tours and tastings just as spectacular as the daily hikes, which include Culloden Moor and Cairngorms National Park. From $4,095. This appeared in the March/April issue 2014...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos