Collected by Patricia Roberts
Stonehaven AB39 2TL, UK
Dunnottar Castle is a dramatic and evocative ruined cliff-top fortress in a truly stunning setting. And just a half hour's drive from Aberdeen, Europe's oil-capital. William Wallace and Mary Queen of Scots graced the Castle with their presence....
Fort William, UK
What was expected to be the low point of a two day getaway at the foot of Ben Nevis turned out to be one of the more beautiful experiences of my life so far. The four hour train ride between Glasgow and Fort William takes you between snow-capped...
Milngavie, Glasgow G62 6PB, UK
Challenge yourself over 12 days and 95 miles, crossing the woodlands, moorlands, and mountains of Western Scotland. The long days on foot are rewarded with a good night’s rest at local inns. From $2,095. This appeared in the March/April 2014...
Argyle St, Glasgow G3 8AG, UK
The chance to browse through Europe’s largest collection of civic art, all under one lavishly vaulted roof, for free? Little wonder that the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum is one of the most-visited tourist attractions in Scotland. The...
Marwick Head, Orkney KW17 2NB, UK
After picking up a fantastic batch of fresh haggis to go with our fish and chips in Stromness we made our way north to Marwick Head. Upon reaching Marwick Head - a beautiful tower situated atop impressive cliffs - we walked along the cliff tops in...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now