Collected by Zach Yokum
The Pends, St Andrews KY16 9QL, UK
Often called, "Scotland's Greatest Cathedral" the now-ruined medieval St. Andrews, overlooking the North Sea in its namesake town, is a splendid sight any time of day or night. However, in my several days of residence in the town made famous by...
Stonehaven AB39 2TL, UK
Dunnottar Castle is a dramatic and evocative ruined cliff-top fortress in a truly stunning setting. And just a half hour's drive from Aberdeen, Europe's oil-capital. William Wallace and Mary Queen of Scots graced the Castle with their presence....
Castlehill, Edinburgh EH1 2NG, UK
There is only one easy way up this crag in central Edinburgh, so it was the perfect location for the city's ancient fortifications and famous castle. Scholars say Castle Rock has been inhabited continually for more than 7,000 years and there has...
Breakish, Isle of Skye IV42 8PY, UK
After days of rain that obscured the landscape of the Northern Highlands of Scotland, I drove across the bridge to the Isle of Skye as the sun broke through and lit the hills with a beauty that made it difficult to focus on steering. Breakish was...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign